WS-1210GPH Controller

WS-1210GPH Controller

Postby dcavinsjr » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:15 pm

I have the WS-1210GPH controller. Something is defintely amiss. I have it programmed to do just a single-step mode. With a
temp of 220 degrees F for 600 minutes. The temperature display on the device rarely shows a reading above 150-155 degrees
however the temperature probe on the Bradley indicates that the temperature inside the box is from 220 degrees up to around
240 degrees as it cycles. Based on that it appears to be maintaining a reasonable temperature inside the smoker, but I can't figure out
why the unit indicates 80 degrees or so low. Additionally when I first insert the temperature probe the current temperature
usually reads at -10 or something of that nature and it goes up really slowly until it reaches the aforementioned 150-155. Any
ideas what may be wrong or how to correct? Does I just need a temperature probe? Is the unit bad? Any ideas or help will
be greatly appreciated.
dcavinsjr

Re: WS-1210GPH Controller

Postby Kkane » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:01 pm

If you haven't tried to reset the controller's settings back to default, you can try that. Access code for reset is 666. Page 18 of its manual: http://www.auberins.com/images/Manual/W ... 210GPH.pdf

Have you recently washed the temperature probe? If yes, if some water/moisture is inside of the probe connector, it may affect the reading. To fix it, you can use a hair dryer to dry the connector a little bit.
Kkane

Postby dcavinsjr » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:37 pm

I have done the factory reset using 666 code and the probe has not been washed in at least 6 months.

Any other ideas?
dcavinsjr

Postby Kkane » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:55 pm

You can swap your two probes to two different sockets (plug in meat probe to probe 1 socket, and plug in cabinet probe to probe 2 socket), and see if the problem goes with the socket or probe. If the problem remains on the probe, your probe is bad.
Kkane

Postby dcavinsjr » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:29 pm

This model has only the one probe to regulate the temp of the smoker. No food probe.
dcavinsjr

Postby Kkane » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:12 pm

Sorry for my mistake.

I just checked your original post. You said "The temperature display on the device rarely shows a reading above 150-155 degrees however the temperature probe on the Bradley indicates that the temperature inside the box is from 220 degrees up to around 240 degrees as it cycles." So what temperature did you get on the Auber controller?

If you always get 150-155 on the controller, may I know what is the green OUT light on the controller then? If your reading temperature is 155, set temperature is 220 but your OUT light is OFF, something wrong with your settings. If your OUT light is solid ON, but the reading temp cannot go up, could you please confirm your heating element is still fully powered ON? If your smoker comes with a heat level dial or switch, please turn it to the maximum level.

To prove whether the reading on the controller is correct or not, you can drop this probe together with another thermometer probe from you into the hot water or boiling water. If the reading on this controller matches the reading on your thermometer, this probe is accurate. Please make sure the probe is fully immersed under the water.

The temperature inside of smoker may vary a lot for different locations. It is not uncommon to see a large difference.

Your second issue looks strange. It is possible to see a different or even wrong temperature reading when you just plugged in the probe. But the reading will be corrected in few seconds. If it takes several minutes to be stabilized, it could be something wrong. Please take a video and email it to Auber customer support.

This probe is PT1000 RTD sensor. You can use a multimeter to read its resistance. At room temperature, you should get around 1000 Ohms resistance.
Kkane

Postby dcavinsjr » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:07 pm

There really is only one issue. When the probe is plugged in and the controller is turned on the temperature reading
starts out at -6. As the temperature goes up inside the smoker the temperature shown on the controller goes up
very slowly and reads nearly 100 degrees less than a second thermometer I placed in the smoker. The termperature
inside the smoker starts off at room temperature which is usually around 75 degrees. It will take the controller
quite a long time to register 75 degrees probably 15 minutes while the temperature inside the smoker is by then
around 175 degrees. I do not think the problem is the probe. Since I wrote the original post I have purchase a new
probe. The one that gets mounted through the back of the smoker. The controller is reacting exactly the same
with this new probe. There must be something wrong with the controller in my opinion, but I'm at a loss to figure
out what. I have read the instructions over a number of times and every setting appears to be exactly what it
should be.
dcavinsjr

Postby Kkane » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:31 am

Ok. If the new replacement probe doesn't solve your problem, and if the factory reset function doesn't help neither, there could be something wrong inside of the controller (hardwarely). Please contact Auber customer support for a RMA number, and send the controller back to Auber for inspection.
Kkane

Postby dcavinsjr » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:22 am

It's no longer under warranty. It's at least a couple of years old. Will they still take a look at it and let me know how
much to fix it or whether it would be better to purchase a new one?
dcavinsjr

Postby Kkane » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:08 am

Repair is cheaper. It is around $15 ~ $20 plus shipping.

If you like to order a new one, Auber probably can offer you some discount. Please contact Auber support at first.
Kkane

Return to Bradley Smoker Controller