• offers both fuel adjustment and air regulating
• built-in pistol type piezo ignition
• easy to use push’n twist gas cylinder attachment
• use with standard butane gas canisters
• burn up to 7 hours on one canister
• high intensity flame
This butane blowtorch allows you to sear the meat with brown crust after it is taken out of the plastic bag. Iwatani blowtorch is the preferred brand by many sous vide cookers. Iwatani International is also the OEM for some name brand torch such as the one sold by Williams-Sonoma.
Butane canister is not included due to the shipping regulation. It use standard 8 OZ (227g) butane canister. It can be found from local grocery store for less than $2/canister
External dimensions: 7.9 in (l) x 1.5 in (w) x 2.8 in (h)
Weight: 6.7 oz
Combustion time in conditions use:
About 7 hours / gas cylinder (ambient temperature at 68˚F)
Nozzle diameter: 0.875 in
Flame temperature: about 2,300˚F
Ignition method: electronic ignition
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 17 January, 2009.