This PID controller kit is designed for retrofitting into the Gaggia Pure and Gaggia Color espresso machine. By adding a PID controller to the heater control circuit, brewing water temperature can be controlled to ±1 F° accuracy. Thus, it will significantly improve the taste of your espresso. Users can also easily adjust the brew water temperature to suit their own tastes.
The kit includes:
· Custom manufactured PID temperature controller with parameters set for the machine.
· Black box with mounting slot pre-cut and wiring hole sealed with rubber grommet.
· Solid state relay with mounting hardware and heat conductive paste.
· Platinum RTD temperature sensor with tip made for the thermowell on the machine
· High temperature resistant wires, color coded, cut to length and terminated with proper connectors
· Instructional CD with text and photos.
To install the kit, users will need the following:
· Knowledge of electronics wiring and safety.
· Screw driver, pliers, a socket wrench and small amount of alcohol.
· 30-60 minutes of time.
No requirement for special tools. No requirement to learn how to set up the PID controller (usually, this is the most challenging part of the project for espresso drinkers with little electronics background).
1) The PID controller in this kit is specifically modified for home espresso brewing applications. Two additional parameters are included to balance the requirement of cold start speed, shot recovery speed and long term stability. (this is a different controller than our universal controller SYL-1512)
2) A platinum RTD temperature sensor is used which is more accurate and has greater long-term stability than thermocouple sensors. Temperature variations within the controllers environment will not affect the accuracy of its reading.
3) All the cables in the kit have high temperature endurance as the original cables used by the manufacture. We use color coded cables with either fluoropolymer or silicone insulation. This will prevent the potential electrical shock resulting from PVC insulated wires touching the boiler during operation.
90 days warranty and 7 days money back guarantee is offered.
The kit works for 115 VAC and 240VAC. The default PID parameter setting is for Fahrenheit units for order shipped within US. Order shipped outside of US will be set for Celsius. Please specify if you want it changed.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 July, 2011.